Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Can I really embed a video?

Once again I'm using this poor blog as a test site. Can I really embed my first video here? If you see a video below, please nominate me for some award or something, would you please? TYVM. Oh, and a little background info. This is an excerpt from the first oral history I ever did. It was with my grandmother, Bernice Scott Christle, in the spring of 1976. That's her in the picture above at approximately 12 or 13 years old. In this excerpt we talked about some family antiques, including her great-grandmother's spinning wheel and a burled or "curly" birch bedroom set, she had in storage at her uncle's house. Sadly, her uncle grew tired of storing them for her and chopped them up and burned them. The sadness in her voice as she spoke of that loss is pronounced. Oh, what I would have given to see those items and touch the spinning wheel that my great-great-great grandmother used to sit at and spin thread and yarn.

And that g-g-g-grandmother would have been the last woman in my line who demonstrated any proclivity for the domestic arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment