Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Marvin

When Jim and I were getting married, my best woman kept telling me to remind my soon-to-be FIL Marvin, Jim’s best man, that he was responsible for making the toast at the reception. When the time came, Marvin stood up and mentioned how concerned I had seemed about it. Therefore, first thing that morning, he said, he got up and began working on it. Reaching into the breast pocket of his suit coat he said, “So here’s the toast…” and he pulled out a Mickey Mouse baggie with a piece of whole wheat toast in it.

He won my heart then and he's had a firm hold on it ever since.

Here's a picture of me losing it (that's Marvin on the right and my dad on the left) and in the second picture my dad is telling me I'm going to do alright in Jim's family.

I miss you, Dad, and I'm thinking of you today, Marvin.


No comments:

Post a Comment